I have been playing soccer for a while now, and I remembered a time when I was playing a game in little league. It was just before the game was about to start and the referee came over to all the players. He did this every game to ensure that none of the players had any jewelry on that might hurt the other players or might get lost on the field. He would also check to see if we all had our shin guards on. I have always worn shin guards and it wasn’t until recently that I have stopped wearing them. I did not realize how vital they were for the legs until I got kicked in the shins just a few weeks ago and I was not wearing any protective gear on my shins. It was the worst feeling not just if anything hit the area but even just by walking the shock of each foot step sent pain right to the area that was hit. It only took one time for that to happen so it is important to wear shin guards. There are two types of shin guards. One type is a full guard that usually has a band that attaches to the ankle and a strap that goes around the back of the leg. The other type is what is known as a small guard. This type usually just rests on the shin and is supported by the player’s socks. Either one is fine, but whichever one is more comfortable for the user is the one to choose. Whatever you do, just be sure to wear them when playing, that’s the reason you purchased them!
No comments:
Post a Comment