Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Soccer Camp

I remember when I was a kid going to a few soccer camps during the summer. These camps helped us learn basic soccer moves and game play. There is a great soccer camp for those who a looking to gain an edge just before entering college. The website link is http://www.no1soccercamps.com/ . The two locations are in Georgia and in Connecticut, so it is somewhat difficult for anyone to use their services, but other types of programs are available closer to individuals that offer similar camps. The program is two weeks long and has many different drills that hone player’s skills to that level that college coaches are looking for. The camp is designed for strikers, but the other camp that is offered is a camp for goalies. In the camps, the two sessions come together to face off against the top strikers and the top goalies. One of the topics in the first week of the camp is called placement shooting. I have been working on this for the past semester and it has improved my striking abilities tremendously. There is no need to strike the ball with all your might when proper ball placement is much more effective. The camp also has a world cup tournament which I had talked about in a previous blog as a great way to practice soccer. In the second week the camp has a practice called “when in doubt…shoot”. This drill seems very valuable because shots on goal are always needed and wanted by any team.

No comments:

Post a Comment