Sunday, November 21, 2010
Trapping a Soccer Ball
If you ask any soccer player about passing soccer ball, they will probably tell you that it is one of the most important aspects of the game. I would agree with them, but I would also add that trapping the ball is a close second place. Trapping the ball is one of the easiest areas that a player can work on. I would say that it is the best way to help a player in the game of soccer, because the first touch that a player has on the ball is often the best way to keep possession of the ball. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen the ball being given up on a poor trap by the player. One of the easiest ways to practice this by a player is to hit the ball against the wall. When the ball comes back to you, trap the ball with your foot and then repeat. Also try trapping the ball with the chest by kicking the ball into the air and controlling it with the chest. The thigh is another place that the ball is usually trapped when the ball is in the air but is too low to control with the chest. A ball that is bouncing a lot will require a judgment of where the ball where land next and then hitting the ball with the side of the foot to control the ball. By becoming an expert in trapping the ball, you will see better plays developing on the pitch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment