Saturday, October 30, 2010
Beach Soccer
I am a big fan of traditional outdoor and indoor soccer. I was unaware of most other versions of soccer because they are not that prevalent in the United States. I have played futsal a few times, but it is hard to find people who want to play or even know how to play that variation of soccer. I was roaming around on the ESPN website that streams live games of almost any sport that is being broadcast and I stumbled across beach or sand soccer. I watched a few matches and was quite excited about this variation of soccer. It was more representative of indoor because there are few players, usually five, but it seems even more extreme and labor intensive than indoor. The field is short and the goals are even larger so the opportunity to score is always prevalent. The scary part is that the players do not wear any type of shoe to protect their feet. They are allowed to wear an ankle guard though. This could prove beneficial to the amateur player who might be inclined to strike the ball using their toes. It would force the player to address the ball properly, rather than a manner that would prove hazardous to the player. They have three periods like in hockey and the lengths are in twelve minute intervals. They are allowed an unlimited amount of substitutions which seems awkward for any variation of soccer. Overall this game seems like a great way to stay active if you liked close to a breach or ocean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment