Friday, October 8, 2010

Loosening Up

I have been playing soccer for some time now and it has been going really well especially since I injured myself as a freshman playing indoor soccer. The shoes that I had just purchased had great grip and I took a turn that was too great for my leg to handle so I pulled my hamstring. Since then I have pulled the same hamstring about three more times and it has been almost seven months since the last pull. Every now and again it feels as though my leg wants to go out and reinjure itself but luckily that has not happened. That is why it is so important to stretch before any physical activity. I have lost a lot of mobility in that leg because of the injury but it has slowly been increasing in flexibility since the last pull, but that is due largely in part to stretching before I begin to play soccer. The two leg stretch is great to increase the level of flexibility in the hamstring. Also the hamstring split stretch is a great way to increase flexibility for the hamstring. For the best results of stretches, it is a good idea to do this three to four times a week. Remember to hold the stretch for twenty to thirty seconds and be sure not to bounce up and down while you stretch. Shake out the limb and joint then repeat the process for two or three sets. Doing this will greatly increase flexibility and help prevent unnecessary injuries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment