The goalie position is a very difficult position to fill in the pickup games that I play in, largely in part because players, including myself, do not know how to play the position that well. I would say that I am not horrible at the position, but I would rather play another position that could be more beneficial to the team and one that I am more familiar with. I do see that some of the players are afraid to use their hands, which is one of the biggest mistakes that could be made for that position. Another problem that arises is the player does not address the run from the striker if it becomes a one on one situation. They will just freeze in the net and it is an easy score for the striker. Instead, what they should do is close in on the forward to decrease the chance of scoring; it also encourages more mistakes in the striker because he now has to choose much faster whether to shot on the net or to dribble around the goalie. This is discussed more in my article "How to properly play soccer positions" at illinoissocceruniversity.webs.com. While there you may find other links to sites were one can buy great soccer products and read soccer reviews. There are links to other blog as well as an article about other readings that would benefit any soccer player. Other articles can assist players in shooting a soccer ball and different techniques that can be used to add variations to your shooting arsenal.
No comments:
Post a Comment