Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Goalie Gloves

I do not play goalie that much when I play soccer. I usually feel that it is just common courtesy to take that position at least once during the match because no one wants to play it in the pick-up games. I was playing a few weeks ago and one of the other players brought his set of goalie gloves. I tried them on and they made playing goalie much more desirable. I felt that my hands were more protected from damage and my confidence went way up. Just wearing these gloves added a physiological attribute to the player wearing them, even if the protection was minimal. It made me want to do this blog about goalie gear because I personally do not know that much about the specific gear that is available for that position. I did some research on the ways to purchase new gloves.

1. Find a glove that fits your hand.

It is important that the glove does not move around on your hand. You also want to be comfortable so that you are concentrating on the goalie position rather than how uncomfortable your gloves are.

2. Research the different glove brands for their grip.

I am sure that there are reviews of goalie gloves by brand that can assist you in purchasing a glove that fits your specific needs.

3. Try the gloves on.

It may be hard to do this if you are purchasing these fro the internet, but reviews could aid in this area.

4. Spine or No Spine.

There are gloves with reinforced plastic on the backside of the gloves to aid in protection from the fingers from moving to far back when a ball is kicked at them. I did not know that this technology was available until a few days ago. This add-on would be beneficial to those who are worried about deflections off the tips of their fingers.

5. Glove Durability.

This is important if you are looking to make your purchase last long. Once this product is broken, it can be hard to fix and usually will need to be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment